Saturday 28 June 2014

Friday 27th June and the days just keep getting better! Zion Canyon.

We were out of range yesterday and last night so I have to play catch up.

Firstly we left Bryce Canyon and headed for the Grand Canyon. Quite possibly I can blame the Brady Bunch, but the Grand Canyon is somewhere I've always wanted to go, so it was my one wish-list item for this trip.
However, before we did that, we decided to follow the many recommendations we had while at Bryce, to go to Zion Canyon (another one I hadn't heard of!). It was a 25 mile round trip so we thought we may as well see what everyone was talking about. We're so glad we did.  While at Bryce Canyon we were on the top of the Canyon looking in, this time we were driving down, down, down into and through the canyon, through the most commanding and rugged mountains. It was spectacular, and thankfully the traffic was slow enough for me to see too (Damian's got the lurgy now so is definitely not up to driving - so great how we all share in this family!).  I would definitely recommend this unless you're claustrophobic - there's a narrow tunnel that you drive through for over 2.5 minutes before it opens up to the scenery.  Of course photos don't do it justice, but it gives a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment